Protect Your Future After A Back Or Spinal Cord Injury
Back and spinal cord injuries are serious. They could impact the rest of your life. As devastating as they can be, there can be more problems when someone else’s actions or negligence caused the injuries.
There possible lawsuits, insurance claims and settlements negotiations that need to be addressed. Experienced legal counsel can be your best ally in these cases. Our compassionate back and spinal cord injury attorneys at Kenney & Medina, P.C. can help you recover the money you need that helps you return to your life.
Sudden hits to the spine can cause breaks, compression and dislocation of vertebrae. That can lead to traumatic back and spinal cord injuries.
Serious Injuries Require Immediate Attention
There are signs and symptoms of serious back and spinal cord injuries. If you experience them after an accident, you might be facing a serious situation that requires emergency response. Call 911 immediately.
Indications of serious back and spinal cord injuries include:
- Bladder/bowel control problems
- Breathing issues/coughing
- Extreme back/neck pain, pressure or stiffness
- Numbness/tingling/loss of sensation in your extremities
- Problems with balance or walking
- Twisted neck or back
- Weakness, paralysis or lack of coordination
Although the symptoms often show up immediately, bleeding and swelling around the spinal cord can delay them. It is always best to overestimate the injuries.
The most common causes of back and spinal cord injuries include:
- Diseases (arthritis, cancer, osteoporosis, spinal cord inflammation)
- Motor vehicle accidents – these are the leading cause for people under 65. They account for almost half of new spinal cord injuries
- Sports/recreation injuries
Your Legal Counsel Matters
If you suffered a back or spinal cord injury after a car accident or in a fall caused by someone else, an experienced attorney can help build your case and prove liability. They will be able to collect evidence; evaluate the scene of the accident; collect and review witness statements; and collect traffic footage and police reports.
For assistance navigating the legal system in the Atlanta area or anywhere in Georgia, contact Kenney & Medina, P.C. Call us at 770-564-1600 or email us.