Kenney & Medina, P.C., aggressively represents the interests of many banks, lenders and financial institutions. This representation includes matters related to bankruptcies and bankruptcy proceedings and litigation in state and federal court.
The firm offers the advantage of providing statewide representation throughout the states of Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. This regional representation allows clients the convenience of having the firm handle their representation throughout this area, and eliminates the need to find qualified local counsel in every district. The firm maintains its principal office in Duluth with a satellite office in Anniston, Alabama. The firm has attorneys admitted to practice in Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee.
Kenney & Medina, P.C., regularly defend these commercial clients in litigation in both state and federal courts in disputes including contracts involving the Uniform Commercial Code, Truth-in-Lending, the Federal Arbitration Act, and other federal and state statutes, as well as cases involving torts, bankruptcy, real estate and foreclosures. Some of the representative areas are:
- Litigation in both jury and non-jury setting (arbitration, mediation and non-jury trials)
- Negotiation, documentation and closing of transactions that involve real property
- Provide representation in matters relating to Creditors pertaining to bankruptcy
- Foreclosures, replevin/detinue, and other realizations upon collateral
- Garnishments and commercial collections
- Eviction and dispossessory proceedings
- Negotiation of problem loans, loan workouts and restructures
- Counsel to client to avoid and prevent litigation and use of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to resolve claims and minimize liability and legal costs
- Defense of consumer claims
- Adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts; discharge complaints; preference and avoidance actions
- Foreign judgment actions
- Motions for relief from the automatic stay, objections to confirmation, valuation hearings, lien avoidance and related matters