Attorney John Medina
John A. Medina has resided in metropolitan Atlanta since moving here in 1978. John graduated from Georgia State University in 1986 with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He then obtained his law degree from Mercer University in 1989.
After graduating from law school, John practiced with a mid-sized, then small law firm in Atlanta until he moved his practice to Kenney & Solomon, P.C. in 1999. John became a partner at Kenney & Solomon, P.C. in 2001. John's practice areas have been primarily in the areas of: 1) creditors' rights, both in bankruptcy court and state court, 2) small business representation, including business formation, transactional, contracts, resolution of small business disputes and commercial litigation; and 3) wills, estates and probate. John also has experience in bankruptcy adversary proceeding litigation and representation of the Chapter 7 Trustee in bankruptcy cases.
John is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in Georgia and Tennessee. John is a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee and the Atlanta Bar Association. John is a member of the bankruptcy law and fiduciary law sections of the State Bar of Georgia and a member of the bankruptcy law and estate planning and probate law sections of the Atlanta Bar Association. John co-authored “Successful Creditor's Strategies in Bankruptcy in Georgia, ” NBI, 1990.
John is a husband and a father of two children. John and his family reside in south Forsyth county, where his children attend public school, and where he and his family attend Browns Bridge Community Church. . John has always been active in assisting with his neighborhood homeowners' association and its committees. When not practicing law, John enjoys running, tennis and coaching his children in baseball and soccer. John also speaks Spanish.
- 1986 BBA, Georgia State University
- 1989 JD, Mercer University
Bar & Court Admittances
- State Bar of Georgia, 1989
- State Bar of Tennessee, 2000
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 1989
- Georgia Supreme Court, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 1989